Mef University, İstanbul, Turkey
Department of Industrial Engineering
Chair, September 2016 to Present
Professor, April 2018 to Present
Associate Professor, July 2016 to April 2018
Bahçeşehir University, İstanbul, Turkey
Department of Industrial Engineering
Associate Professor, September 2013 to June 2016
Associate Director of the School of ISE, February 2015 to June 2016
Coordinator for the PhD Program, February 2015 to June 2016
Vice Chair, April 2013 to February 2015
Assistant Professor, September 2009 to August 2013
- Optimization Problems in Energy Investment Planning
- Lot Sizing Problem with Co-Production
- Scheduling Problems in Service Operations
- Mixed-Integer Nonlinear Programming Problems
- Nonlinear Knapsack Problems
- PI, "Lot-Sizing Models for Co-Production Systems and Their Solution Algorithms," TUBITAK-1001, February 2017 - August 2019
- PI, "Optimization models for energy investment planning in a carbon-constrained environment and the analysis of these models from the economic and strategic planning point of view," TUBITAK-1001, October 2014 - October 2016
- Graduate Researcher, “Distribution planning of sample bottles to doctors’ offices,” funded by Merck Co., Inc., Upper Gwynedd, PA, USA, May 2007 – December 2007
- Graduate Researcher, “Solving Multi-Channel Resource Allocation Problems under Uncertainty,” funded by Merck & Co., Inc., Upper Gwynedd, PA, USA, September 2006 – May 2007
- Fulya Terzi, Thesis Title: Mathematical Programming Approaches for a Generation Expansion Planning Problem in a Carbon-Constrained Environment, M.S. 2016, Boğaziçi University (Co-Advised with Z. Caner Taşkın).
- Zeynep Sezer, Thesis title: An Exact Solution Algorithm for the Coordinated Capacitated Lot-Sizing Problem, M.S. 2013, Bahçeşehir University.
Refereed Journal Articles
*Students that are either advised or work on a TUBITAK Project.
- Adıyeke, E.* E. Çanakoğlu, S. Ağralı, “Modeling of Carbon Credit Prices using Regime Switching Approach,” forthcoming in Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy, 2018.
- Ağralı, S., F.G. Üçtuğ, B. Atılgan, “An Optimization Model for Carbon Capture & Storage/Utilization vs. Carbon Trading: A Case Study of Fossil-Fired Power Plants in Turkey,” Journal of Environmental Management, 215, 305-315, 2018.
- Üçtuğ, F.G., S. Ağralı, “Nonlinear Benefit-Cost Optimization-Based Selection of Insulation Material and Window Type: A Case Study in Turkey,” Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy, 9, 065102, 2017.
- Ağralı, S., F. Terzi*, E. Çanakoğlu, E. Adıyeke*, Y. Arıkan, “Energy Investment Planning at a Private Company: A Mathematical Programming-Based Model and Its Application in Turkey,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 32(6), 4180-4187, 2017.
- Üçtuğ, F.G., S. Ağralı, “Nonlinear Benefit-Cost Optimization-Based Selection of Insulation Material and Window Type: Effect of Heating and Cooling Base Temperatures,” Journal of Green Building, 12(2), 79-94, 2017.
- Ağralı, S., Z.C. Taşkın, A.T. Ünal, “Employee Scheduling in Service Industries with Flexible Employee Availability and Demand,” Omega, 66, 159-169, 2017.
- Taşkın, Z.C., S. Ağralı, A.T. Ünal, V. Belada, F.G. Yılmaz, “Mathematical Programming-Based Sales and Operations Planning at Vestel Electronics,” Interfaces, 45(4), 325-340, 2015.
- Üçtuğ, F.G., S. Ağralı, Y. Arıkan, E. Avcıoğlu, “Deciding between carbon trading and carbon capture and sequestration: An optimisation-based case study for methanol synthesis from syngas,” Journal of Environmental Management, 132, 1-8, 2014.
- Selçuk, B., S. Ağralı, “Joint Spare Parts Inventory and Reliability Decisions under a Service Constraint,” Journal of Operational Research Society, 64, 446-458, 2013.
- Ağralı, S., J. Geunes, Z.C. Taşkın, “A Facility Location Model with Safety Stock Costs: Analysis of the Cost of Single-Sourcing Requirements,” Journal of Global Optimization, 54(3), 551-581, 2012.
- Ağralı, S., “A Dynamic Economic Lot-Sizing Problem with Co-Production,” Optimization Letters, 6(6), 1051-1061, 2012.
- Ağralı, S., J. Geunes, “A Single-Resource Allocation Problem with Poisson Resource Requirements,” Optimization Letters, 3(4), 559-571, 2009.
- Ağralı, S., J. Geunes, “Solving Knapsack Problems with S-Curve Return Functions,” European Journal of Operational Research, 193, 605-615, 2009.
- Ağralı, S., B. Tan, F. Karaesmen, “Modeling and Analysis of an Auction-Based Logistics Market,” European Journal of Operational Research, 191(1), 272-294, 2008.
- Yahşi, M.*, E. Çanakoğlu, S. Ağralı, “Carbon Price Forecasting Models Based on Big Data Analytics,” revision submitted, 2018.
- Adıyeke, E.*, E. Çanakoğlu, S. Ağralı, “Risk Averse Investment Strategies in a Carbon Constrained Environment,” revision submitted, 2018.
- Ünal, A.T., S. Ağralı, Z.C. Taşkın, W. Esselink, H. Stolp, “Strong integer programming formulations for hybrid flowshop scheduling submitted, 2018.
- Pamuk, B., S. Ağralı, Z.C. Taşkın, “A Lot-Sizing Problem in Deliberated and Controlled Co-Production Systems,” submitted, 2018.
Refereed Conference Proceedings
- Ağralı, S., J. Geunes, C. Rainwater, “Component Procurement Planning and Product Portfolio Design Problem,” Proceedings of the Annual Industrial Engineering Research Conference, Cancun, Mexico, 2010.
- Ağralı, S., Tan, B., F. Karaesmen, S. Ağralı, “Modeling and Analysis of a Logistics Auction Market,” Proceedings of The Fifth International Conference on Analysis of Manufacturing Systems-Production Management, Zakynthos, Greece, 2005.
- INE6101 - Linear Optimization (Fall 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- INE6204 - Network Optimization (Spring 2013)
- INE5144 - Advanced Optimization Techniques (Spring 2010, 2011)
- INE5111 - Mathematical Programming and Modeling (Fall 2010)
- SE 5418 - Operations Research for IT and Service Management (Spring 2011)
- INE4301 - Scheduling and Sequencing (Spring 2012)
- INE2008 (formerly IE3001) - Operations Research I (Fall 2009, 2010, 2012; Spring 2015, 2016)
- INE3009 (formerly IE 3002) - Operations Research II (Spring 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013; Fall 2013, 2014, 2015)
@Univerity of Florida
- EIN4365 - Facilities Planning and Materials Handling (Spring, 2009)
- EIN4365 - Facilities Planning and Materials Handling (Fall, 2008)